Nursery Open Daily
Opening Hours The nursery is open 10am – 5pm daily, March through October. Please ring if you want to come in the winter.
Special Plants is about 100 miles due west of London, seven miles north of Bath and four miles south of Junction 18 on the M4. Greenways Lane turns west off of the A46 100 yards south of the A420 roundabout. We are not in Cold Ashton village. It is about a mile down a very narrow winding lane. Please drive with care. There is plenty of room to park and turn around when you arrive.
Garden Open Days
Our garden will be open every Tuesday from April through October 2017.
And every Wednesday in July and August 2017.
And for the NGS on the third Thursdays of the month: 15 June, 20 July, 17 August, 21 September and 19 October 2017.
All from 11am - 5pm. Homemade teas on garden open days.
Group visits of 6 or more welcome on other days by arrangement.
Extra garden open days with a short practical talk on what’s happening in the garden week by week. You can watch the garden changing through the year or just come once for a subject you are interested in. Follow Derry walking round the garden as she talks about the plants she loves, about how she copes with specific problems, and what jobs she is doing at each time of year. Be inspired to go home and make the most of your garden .
Talks at 11am and again at 2:30pm.No need to book, included with garden entrance £5 (or £25 for a season ticket)
- Special Tuesdays
- 11 April - Spring Pruning
- 18 April - Last Chance for Annuals
- 25 April - Staking Perennials
- 2 May - Getting Ready for Summer
- 9 May - Planting up My Pots
- 16 May - Pelargoniums
- 23 May - The Chelsea Chop
- 30 May - Generous Self-sowing Plants
- 6 June - Umbels
- 13 June - Poppies
- 20 June - Midsummer Madness
- 27 June - Sow Next Year’s Garden Now
- 4 July - Summer Colour in the Shade
- 11 July - Hardy Geraniums
- 18 July - Slash and Burn
- 25 July - Salvia Extravaganza
- 1 Aug - Taking Cuttings
- 8 Aug - Hot Spots in the Garden
- 15 Aug - Gravel Gardening
- 22 Aug - Late Summer Colour
- 29 Aug - Collecting Your Own Seed
- 5 Sept - Grasses
- 12 Sept - Plants for Dry shade
- 19 Sept - Daisy Day
- 26 Sept - Planting Winter Pots
- 3 Oct - Ferns and Friends
- 10 Oct - Autumn Flowers (Derry away)
- 17 Oct - Planning Next Year (Derry away)
- 24 Oct - Grand Autumn Plant Sale
- NGS Garden Open Days
- 15 June, 20 July, 17 August, 21 September and 19 October 2017.