Nursery Open Daily
Opening Hours The nursery is open 10am – 5pm daily, March through October. Please ring if you want to come in the winter.
Special Plants is about 100 miles due west of London, seven miles north of Bath and four miles south of Junction 18 on the M4. Greenways Lane turns west off of the A46 100 yards south of the A420 roundabout. We are not in Cold Ashton village. It is about a mile down a very narrow winding lane. Please drive with care. There is plenty of room to park and turn around when you arrive.
Garden Open Days
Our garden will be open every Tuesday mid-April through mid-October 2016.
And every Wednesday in July, August and September 2016.
And for the NGS on the third Thursdays of the month: 16 June, 21 July, 18 August, 15 September and 20 October 2016.
All from 10:30am – 5pm. Homemade teas on garden open days. Group visits of 6 or more welcome on other days by arrangement. Coaches welcomed, but we will need to meet you at the end of the lane and bring you down unless it is a small coach.
Extra garden open days with a short practical talk on what’s happening in the garden week by week. You can watch the garden changing through the year or just come once for a subject you are interested in. Follow Derry walking round the garden as she talks about the plants she loves, about how she copes with specific problems, and what jobs she is doing at each time of year. Be inspired to go home and make the most of your garden
Talks at 11am, repeated at 2:30pm.
No need to book except for groups of 6 or more. Free talk included with garden entrance, £5 (or £25 for a season ticket)
- Special Tuesdays
- 12 April Spring Pruning
- 19 April Growing Flowers to Cut
- 26 April Staking Perennials
- 3 May The Naming of Names
- 10 May Planting up My Pots
- 17 May Pelargoniums
- 24 May The Chelsea Chop
- 31 May Generous Self-sowing Plants
- 7 June Umbels
- 14 June Poppies
- 21 June Staff Favourites, Derry away
- 28 June Staff Favourites, Derry away
- 5 July Staff Favourites, Derry away
- 12 July Bee Friendly Plants
- 19 July Slash and Burn
- 26 July Salvia Extravaganza
- 2 Aug Taking Cuttings
- 9 Aug Using Hot Colours
- 16 Aug Gravel Gardening
- 23 Aug Late Summer Colour
- 30 Aug Collecting Your Own Seed
- 6 Sept Grasses
- 13 Sept Plants for Dry shade
- 20 Sept Daisy Day
- 27 Sept Sowing Hardy Perennials
- 4 Oct Plan Next Year Now
- 11 Oct Protecting Tender Plants
- 18 Oct Autumn Colour
- 25 Oct Grand Autumn Plant Sale
- NGS Garden Open Days
- 16 June, 21 July, 18 August, 15 September and 20 October 2016.